Monday, July 03, 2006

Friends I made whilst on exchange

This post shall chronicle the friends I made whilst on exchange. Most of the people here I chat to regularly or hang out with when I was in Finland. Cool guys and girls. You're all invited to Singapore and I'll show you around if you want! =)
Nima (Iran). One of my bestest buds in Oulu, my flatmate, my bitch-mate. Always with a joke in mind, the life of any party. Master of several languages, even though he insists that he can't speak them well. Speaks Persian, Italian, French, and gawd knows what else. He's always trying very hard to pronounce my Chinese name and always never failing to make a joke out of it. And yeah, of course, the only other Haka dancer. Gawd, he even shed tears when I was leaving. Man, I never knew this joker could be so emotional.
Gabor (HU), one of my good friends who always comes down to our flat to chat with Manu, Nima and Thomas and also to the sauna with us. He can't really stand his flatmates, so yeah, perfectly understandable why he comes to our place.
Mirja (GER), another one of my good friends whom I got acquainted with only during the last few weeks of being in Oulu. Who can forget the German girl with a Finnish name and American accent? She was at the last ice swimming session and after that we went to Piet's place to watch a movie. Funny how people get to meet. She bakes great chocolate muffins. I want some more!
Paula (FI), one of my good friends whom I got acquainted cos of the Poland trip. She's really interested in Asian culture, and Chinese too. She can pronounce my Chinese name pretty well too. Quite amazing eh?
Mikko (FI). Oulu ESN leader from 2005-2006. He's a funny guy too, but he likes to drone on and on and on. Bad habit. LOL!
Lucie (CZ). Doctor-to-be. Hosted me at her house when I went to Prague. She's really nice to me and her boyfriend Joe is a nice guy too!
Hanka (CZ). She's very friendly and I think I knew her better on one of the supermart trips I made to Lidl. Always ready to party!
Eva (CZ). I can't really remember when I started hanging out with her, but she's a really friendly girl and one whose command of the English language beats most Czechs hands down. Speaks other tongues as well!

Manu (BEL). One of my flatmates and he's a very sociable guy. He hated computers when he came to Oulu but during the time he was there, he grew some love for MSN and Finnish babes. Oops Frauke, I mean this as a joke. A favourite with Finnish girls. =P He's a great guy to hang out with.
"Clarence, let's go to the sauna."

Kathy (BEL). She's another one of my coffee session mates. Baked my farewell party cake with Melissa. Thanks duderine!
Thomas (AUS). One of my flatmates. He's a great climber and shares common interest in climbing with Gábor.
Irida (ALB). She didn't want to know me at first, but soon she was always laughing when I said something. Haha... Always with the Italian guys cos she's studying in Italy.
Nesli (TUR). One of Jurate's course mates, which means she's a dentist as well. A really nice girl, and she's invited me to Turkey! =)Jurate (LIT). Met her during one of the early session at Caio, Oulu's student bar near the university. She's really pretty eh? Even Jiali commented on her good looks. She's a dentist by the way. AHHHHHHHHH...
Stefania (IT). Language student and hence speaks good English. One of my coffee session mates and with Melissa, can go on and on for hours during coffee. =)
Melissa (IT). Language student and hence speaks good English (speaks French and Finnish too), unlike most other Italians. She's good friends with Stefania. One of my coffee session mates!

In case you were wondering how come there are so many females in this post, it beats me as well. =P Don't be too nosey, ok?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home