Friday, February 17, 2006

Intriguing discussion about Time Travel (John Titor!)


Got this link and also this from CJ. It makes for good reading and highly recommended for those who have (at least) a slight interest in quantum physics. Even if you don't have any interest in quantum physics, you will quickly be absorbed by the way the discussion unfolds.

By the way, a lot of the stuff mentioned in the conversations about antimatter, microsingularities and high speed electron collision have been mentioned in the Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown). Hence I was really intrigued by this. I still have a long way to go to finish all the conversations. Will read it bit by bit as a form of relaxation.

Picture courtesy of http://www.johntitor.co.uk/pictures.htm

Time travel holds infinite possibilities for mankind, as well as several ethical issues and also many many paradoxes! I will just list one below.

If you went back in time and visited your granny during her ninth birthday don't kill her! Because if you put a gun to her head and pull the trigger she could not have given birth to your mum. YOU certainly were never born… Therefore you could not have killed anyone as you never existed. Now this means your granny couldn't have been killed by you. She didn't die nine years old. This permits you to be born.

See what I mean? To intrigue you further, there appears a prediction about a nuclear war in 2015 between USA, Russia and China. Well, it's said that 3 billion people die in this war but at least it's a clean (what? I dunno what that means either!) war.

Go on, read it! =)

P.S.: I didn't get to see the aurora tonight... but here are some pics!


Me standing on the lake. w00t! First time I'm standing on lake practising kungfu. See my hands WAA TAA! (LOL!)

Before long ZM and WL copied me as well. LOL!

Yeah, they're really bad photos, BUT it's because they're overexposed! For 15 seconds! Haha! It's actually pitch black (so lighted up cos of the overexposure).

Used ZM's tripod and my camera in anticipation of the Northern Lights, but before long my toes were freezing. Next time I go for Northern Lights hunting, I must remember to wear 3 or 4 socks! My body was still ok, cos I wore 5 layers and 3 layers for my legs.