Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Blogging is dangerous

This is going to be a wordy post, because I just got some inspiration from a friend of mine, who keeps a blog and writes lots of corny/sarcastic stuff in it. (Even the password to his blog is so corny!)

Blogging is a dangerous hobby, as my friends on the tag board would have you believe. You could get maimed/assassinated by a government. Or in Singapore, just get jailed for it (for racist remarks/any other remarks that the government deems unfit for publication on the Net; there's always the sweet under-utilized Internal Security Act). No worries, there's no whipping involved. Phew.

Blogging for me, is as dangerous as ice hole swimming without a sauna. I have survived it four times, no less. Maybe not all my blood cells survived, but so what. Well for me, I think, blogging will be a lifelong hobby. And I will continue to spout "nonsense" as and when I feel like it. As beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so is nonsense in the brain of the... (for lack of a better word) thinker.

Blogging is dangerous in more ways than one. Especially when you are cooking something. You get so engrossed in blogging and reading other friends' blogs (to me the whole activity just sums up to blogging) that you forget about your meal cooking merrily away on a electric stove. Like me just now, I was boiling some macaroni in a pot with the stove switched on at 6 (the highest temperature), cos I don't like to wait for my food to cook. I try to make my food wait for me to blog instead. But the macaroni didn't wait for me to read my friend's blog till the end, and my unhelpful (it's small so hopefully he doesn't notice it if he reads my blog) flatmate only informed me the macaroni was burning when it was actually burnt.

In the end, I had to contend with eating burnt macaroni (not entirely an enjoyable experience) with my veggie soup, which I thought was quite nice without the burnt macaroni, but after it was added, the "nice-ness" vanished completely.

In Singapore, I would never have eaten that crap, but in Finland, everything is just too expensive to throw away just like that. Just when you see something for 1 euro, you have to remind yourself, it is not S$1. In fact it's double because the euro is worth about S$2. So even for meat or veggies or other food which have expired, I will still eat it, provided of course it has not gone smelly. At the most, the next day I will get a stomachache. It's not a big deal anyway cos I don't have lessons to attend. Well, actually there are lessons, but they're in Finnish so...

Then again, if I don't eat crap for meals, what else would I eat? My cooking's crap, I think. I just swallow it, try not to think too much about the taste and after that, smile to myself and think that I cooked something. It's entirely edible, of course. But I have serious doubts about the taste though. (Some of my friends want to taste my cooking LOL! You have been warned thoroughly.)

Hmmm.. burnt macaroni, burnt pot as well. Bleah.

Blogging IS dangerous.