Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Sometimes the best things in life are for free

UPDATE: I am not a cheater, and I have asked the guy in charge 4 times now, the same question. "Are you sure I paid? I don't remember paying." He says YES, so both of us are happy. Now, if everyone is happy, why spoil it right?
I think I'll just be his good friend la, in exchange for him being so kind =)

Mood: HAPPY!

Just received confirmation that I can do my visa for the Russia trip with another company. Problem is, it's more expensive there (71 euros as compared to 56 for the previous company).
The good news however, is that I have paid for the trip.
What's the big fuss about that? And why the hell is that good news? Doesn't that mean that I have less money now? It's a frigging 340 euros for the week long tour.
The really GOOD news is this.

I have paid for the trip without paying for it.

HUH WHAT???? I can hear you say, is this dude crazy or something?
No, my dear friends and family. I am perfectly sane. I know what I am talking about.

The whole thing arose cos of the visa problem. I had to have 6 months of valid residence permit to do the visa in the first company. I was like, WTF!
But that turned into a blessing. I had paid only the deposit of E50, as was required to book a place for the trip to Russia. Now the person in charge says that,
"Dude, I'll have to return you the visa price of E56, cos you have to do your own visa now."

Errr... ok, if you stuff money into my hands, I won't say no. But of course my conscience pricked me, so I asked 2 times to say "ARE YOU SURE I PAID ALREADY?"

He said, yeah, the company said that I paid. So well! Russia, here I come.
I am paid 6 euros to go to Russia on April 11-17.

W00T!!!! SO HAPPY!!!! SIBEI SONG* AH!!!


* means I feel so good!


P.S.: Then again, nothing's really confirmed till the last minute. Hope there's more good news. Like I got 5 for both my EE modules, which I have exams for on next Friday and the Friday after next.