Saturday, June 03, 2006

Bergen is great

Bergen is a really nice place and on the 2nd day of being here, we went on the Royal Fjord Tour which took us on a train ride through the route we came on from Oslo to Bergen, but halfway to Myrdal. There we alighted and took the Flamsbana to Flam.

On the way, we witnessed snow capped mountains, waterfalls, glaciers, rivers and majestic scenery. A great one hour ride to Flam.

Some pictures.

What would you give to stay in that house by the sea?
I am standing next to snow wearing only a T shirt! =) Right up on the mountain tops!Thundering waterfall at Kjosfossen. I have some vids of this scenery.
Freezing snow capped mountains. Meandering rivers in a wide lush and green valley.

Then from Flam we had a one hour break in between and then rode the express boat to Bergen. We passed by Aurlansfjord and Sognefjord (the longest and deepest fjord in the whole Norway). There lay the most amazing waterside scenery I have witnessed to date. Not that I travelled a lot, but still I was awe-struck.

Anyway, today it was raining so we didn't do much. So well, that sort of rounds up my Scandic trip. I have 2 more days in Scandinavia, tomorrow and the day after.

Then it's onward to meet CJ and JX in London for my true blue backpacking trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home