Friday, June 09, 2006

London

My first thoughts about London were that this place is so similar to Singapore! And after being in Russia, Poland, and the Scandic countries, this is the first time I see English signs and I’m amazed. LOL! Unfortunately this is the first and only English place I will be visiting. (Next up Paris, where as you would guess, everything’s in French.)

Well, basically coming here to London, we were ill-prepared and as a result, we had some haphazard touring schedules, often arriving in some parts and visiting some then forgetting to visit other of the touristic spots there, such that we needed to visit the same place again the next day. But we have covered most of the tourist places by now, the Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square, Downing Street, Buckingham Palace and the change-of-guards (it was boring though cos it was so crowded), and some other places I can’t think of at the moment.

And I guess I had the greatest pleasure in eating some of the famous food in London as well! We had the famous roast duck rice in Bayswater over at Four Seasons, then visited Chinatown and had Spanish cuisine in another recommended restaurant by CJ’s friend, and also dim sum* the next day! And then after meeting Junlei, he brought me to another famous crepes place in South Kensington, and that completely made up my visit to London. The eating part was really the best. That’s what makes London so similar to Singapore!

So, the sights, sounds (I didn’t really enjoy the police sirens though) and tastes of London I have devoured, and tomorrow, we might be able to catch the first World Cup match in an English pub before our 10 hour bus ride to Paris at 8.30pm.

God bless us!


*dim sum = Chinese finger food

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home