Friday, June 23, 2006

Prague - 22/06

The free internet is really livening me up a bit. At least now I can update everyday on my activities. Maybe 7 days and nights is really too long but who cares, I will just enjoy myself here. I am determined to make the best outta my last stop.

And as for Huili, I am finally at the place you call the dream holiday destination - Prague! The castle is really beautiful and I will visit it tomorrow and maybe even post some pictures immediately. Anyway a quick update on today.


----------------------

After waking up, we took a tram to the Old Town of Prague, where we walked down the shopping streets in the new town as well to the nearby Vltava River. There we saw the famous Charles Bridge as well as the Prague Castle from across the bank, took some photos and decided to cross Charles Bridge as well, cos tomorrow though we are going to the castle, we are taking the tram there so we might not be able to cross the bridge by foot.

It was nice for once that we didn’t have to rush and walk quickly, so I really enjoyed the time walking. After all, aching feet and hot weather aren’t exactly the best combination when travelling. The cool breeze that constantly blew on our faces was a welcome relief from the previous places we visited, where it was not only hot, but humid as well.

After that, we went to visit the Dancing Building as well, and it was really funny cos the building looked like it was curved and really like it was dancing to some beat or something. But the buildings around it were not very aesthetic, so the Dancing building was looked very melancholic by itself.

We then took the tram back to the Old Town Square, where there was sort of a carnival going on cos of the impending Czech – Italy match. adidas was sponsoring the outdoor carnival and also there were 2 big screens which showed the match going on. Sadly the Czech team lost 0-2 to Italy, and there was no celebrations like I hoped there would be. The Czech people looked really sad, and my heart went out to them. Now Czech Republic is out of the World Cup. Sigh. CJ and me met up with JX, Angie, Chow Siang and his girlfriend in the Town Square during the match itself.

Lucie then messaged me to tell me to meet Joe, Judita and Joe (her boyfriend) in a downtown pub. I was so excited to be able to meet up with my Czech friends after such a long while! So we were able to catch up a bit and have a nice conversation over dinner. It’s really nice to be able to meet the local people in their own country and it was extremely lucky for me to meet both Gabor and Lucie and Judita in their home countries. =)

We parted after dinner and I hope I will be able to see them at least once more before I leave Prague. After all, I am here for another 6 more days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home