Saturday, July 01, 2006

In Singapore now!

My plane was delayed for a good hour and at first I was quite pissed, cos I thought it meant I would get home an hour late as well (it wasn’t the case in the end).

But we had a big screen TV at the waiting area for us to catch the Italy-Ukraine match. Italy won by a convincing margin of 3-0 but I thought the Ukrainians deserved a goal at least for fighting so hard. Spirit-broken after the third goal was smashed into their net, the Ukrainians never looked a threat towards the end, and so the score stood at that. Then it was time to board the plane.

Had an uneventful flight from Helsinki to Bangkok cos there were 2 kids beside me, but from Bangkok to Singapore, there was an American man whom was quite friendly, so we chatted a bit. It turned out he was into real estate in the USA, and was a frequent flier, covering much of the world. It was his third time in Singapore! I can’t imagine anyone wanting to come to Singapore that often, after all being in Europe, I could understand totally why anyone could say Singapore has no nature. I guess maybe the food keeps people coming back? I hope so at least, cos I feel that way.

And finally I am back home! Went to Newton Circus for my first big meal of Singaporean food! Had stingray, fish bee hoon, kangkong, kai lan, sugarcane juice. DELICIOUS!

So it will be me trying to take some time to get used to Singapore and Singaporeans. Never seen so many Asians in one place for some time already. LOL.

Those who miss me, just drop me a message or ring me. Gotta finish up my project first though.

DAMN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home